Here's my CSA goodie bag from this week:
- Frozen kale and green beans
- Crimini mushrooms
- a Daikon radish
So, what have I done so far?
- Friday night, we did Skinny Texas Cheese Fries with the potatoes:
- Sauteed the green beans with EVOO and garlic, and the crimini mushrooms
- Brown sugar glazed beets - this was my first experience with beets, and YUM!
- Daikon radish pickles - Now I admit these weren't my favorite. I added the sesame oil and that's all I could taste. Big mistake. My co-worker did not use as much sesame oil and said they came out exactly the same as Van's. So - next time!
- Made kale chips. I don't know if it was the fact that they were frozen first, but I was underwhelmed.
- Apples will go into work with us for lunches. :-)
Have a great week!