Sunday, March 10, 2013

CSA veggies this week

Here's my CSA goodie bag from this week: 

I got:

  • Frozen kale and green beans
  • Apples
  • Beets
  • Crimini mushrooms
  • Potatoes
  • a Daikon radish

So, what have I done so far? 

  • Friday night, we did Skinny Texas Cheese Fries with the potatoes: 
  • Sauteed the green beans with EVOO and garlic, and the crimini mushrooms
  • Brown sugar glazed beets - this was my first experience with beets, and YUM!
  • Daikon radish pickles - Now I admit these weren't my favorite. I added the sesame oil and that's all I could taste. Big mistake. My co-worker did not use as much sesame oil and said they came out exactly the same as Van's. So - next time!
  • Made kale chips. I don't know if it was the fact that they were frozen first, but I was underwhelmed. 
  • Apples will go into work with us for lunches. :-) 
Have a great week! 

No comments: