The biggest recent event has been buying a house and moving. We put an offer on a house in late March/early April and closed the first week of May, then moved the week before Memorial Day. The house is in the Rotterdam area, which we like for a few reasons:
- We're both originally from Schenectady County (Scotia-Glenville and Schalmont grads here) and our families are still in the area, as are a lot of our friends.
- It's close enough to the Thruway that our commute isn't that bad.
- We found an AWESOME house.
It's been a blast so far. :-)
Anyway - last week we checked out the gluten free food festival at Sisters of Mercy - it was a great time and we sampled a ton of amazing food. I have to say though that my favorites were: Sherry Lynn's gluten free cornbread, Dawn O'Donnel (DAFFI/KD's)'s mini hot dogs and Kettle Cuisine tomato soup. Yum! I won a frozen pizza in the raffle too -- it's in our freezer but we're totally trying it when we get a chance!
Coming up soon -
- This Saturday we're checking out Pet-A-Palooza at the Ballston Spa Curtis Lumber. It sounds like a great event if you're looking to adopt a companion!
- This Sunday is Father's Day, and we're looking forward to getting together with our families.
- We have tickets to Citi Field this summer. Not only do we get to watch Baseball, I've heard rumors of a gluten free stand there that I must investigate!
- We're planning a winter trip to California - definitely planning to check out DisneyLand!
That's about all for now. Stay tuned, I promise it won't be months before the next blog post. :-)