I'm not quite sure where to begin, so I guess I'll just update on the high points of what I've been up to in the past few weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to update this more frequently going forward. :-)
- My marketing class has completed. I had to write an individual research paper on a marketing topic of my choice, so I chose to write about the impact of the rising popularity of gluten free foods on the restaurant and commercial food industry. I didn't do too badly - 97% - but I'm convinced this professor doesn't like to give perfect marks on anything. I'm just a wee bit of a perfectionist, though, so that always bugs me. ;-)
- I've been going to Zumba classes 2x a week and I am about to start going 3x/week (one will be a 90 minute boot camp class with Zumba and Butts and Guts). Hopefully this keeps me on track over the holidays! So far I've seen a difference in the way my clothes fit, though the scale hasn't budged an ounce.
- I found out that a new Chipotle is coming to Niskayuna, right across the street from Mohawk Commons. AKA 10 minutes from my house, very very dangerous - My husband and I love, love, love their food - and their gluten-free-friendly policy is very nice too. It was originally scheduled to open this week, but the opening has been pushed back due to some power problems.
- My mother's birthday is this weekend. I'm making my parents dinner to celebrate - Skillet jambalaya from the America's Test Kitchen cookbook. Yummy! I use Bilinski's chicken andouille sausage, and double the cayenne, but otherwise don't change the recipe in the least. It's a favorite, and requested by my mom. I scored some nice deals for her birthday on Black Friday weekend, but just in case she reads this I won't say what I found!
- With the holidays coming up, I've started thinking about high-calorie, festive food (thank goodness for those boot camp classes). The gluten-y thing I miss the most is spinach dip in a rye bread bowl. I would love to figure out a way to make this and bring it over to my in-laws' for the holiday.
That's about all - will try to write more about food soon. :-)