I didn't have everything on hand and modified it to suit our preferences, so here's what I made:
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined (I had about 30)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 cups flaked sweetened coconut
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Rinse & dry shrimp.
- Mix cornstarch and seasoned salt together.
- Dredge shrimp in cornstarch, then egg, then roll in coconut. Place on sheet.
- Bake for approx. 16 minutes, turning halfway through. Shrimp will be pink and cooked through and coconut will be brown.
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup orange juice (pineapple would be better)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp oil (I was out of sesame so used canola)
Overall the shrimp went over very well. It's a bit rich and might be better off as a party app, but made a very satisfying dinner. I served with baked potato and steamed broccoli (mostly because that's all that was left in the house for veggie options).