Sunday, March 29, 2009

More gluten free cereals!

Well, it seems that I've been behind on my gluten free blogging. This morning I saw on Lisa's blog that gluten free corn chex is not only here, but available locally in some places! After further Googling I found that gluten free Honey Nut Chex, Cinnamon Chex and Strawberry Chex will be widely available starting this summer - in addition to Corn Chex and the Rice Chex that has been gluten free for some time now.

What wonderful news! My husband in particular is thrilled - Corn Chex was his favorite cereal and every time we go to the grocery store he looked at the label saying "WHY can't it be gluten free? It's corn!"

While the Chex website hasn't been updated with this information, it looks like the new gluten free Chex varieties will be released into the mainstream on June 1st. In the meantime, I scooped up two boxes of gluten free Corn Chex this afternoon at the Clifton Park WalMart! (Note: Old Corn Chex boxes are still on the shelves - you can't miss the new boxes, they say "Gluten Free" in huge letters on the front.) Yay, General Mills!

No comments: