Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Gluten Free Update

Many apologies for the delay in posting. Work and an intensive coursework load forced me to go on hiatus from updating this blog -- fortunately, I'm wrapping up my final research project for this semester's class and I'm looking at having much more free time! (It's funny how "only" working full-time seems relaxing after you start going back to school).

Anyway - some news and updates:

  • Sherry Lynn's Gluten Free Bakery is now open in Latham! The new location is right on Route 7, about a mile west of the Latham Circle. I didn't get to make it to the grand opening (schoolwork) but my husband and I plan to check it out this weekend!
  • Wednesday March 2th (tomorrow) the Saratoga County Food Allergy/Sensitivity Support Group will meet at KD's fish fry (418 Geyser Road, Ballston Spa). Dawn of KD's and DAFFI fame will host the free meeting and provide samples of her food. Please contact Sue at thfarm@nycap.rr.com for additional information.
  • Price Chopper will be hosting a gluten free food festival next month at the Great Escape Lodge. It's April 28th from 6 - 8:30 and will include vendor samples and a cooking demonstration from Elizabeth Barbone. (To register, call 518-379-1617). I am considering attending though it's a hike for me. Has anyone been to one of Price Chopper's gluten free food festivals before? Is it worth an hour's drive each way?

Thanks for your patience and please look for new posts this week! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been to a Price Chopper GF event. It was amazing. I would totally drive for this one.

Elizabeth is a great presenter. I used lots of tips from her class and book.