Friday, April 4, 2008

First Post

Welcome to my new blog - and to my gluten-free online kitchen!

Our kitchen is (mostly) gluten-free these days. My fiancé, Vince, does not eat chocolate so I still have the occasional stash of brownie mix that I won't feel guilty eating. :) I've started making a lot of dishes from scratch - of course, since I've replaced good old standard, all-purpose flour with rice, tapioca, potato, sorghum, amaranth, almond meal and others, almost every venture into the kitchen is a learning experience!

I've definitely had some interesting results - the first time I tried making hamburger buns, I tried modifying a "regular" recipe and ended up with biscuits. They were pretty good (I got a biscuit recipe out of them) but nothing that I'd consider a hamburger bun. Still, my goal is to make everything just as good - if not better - than before we started eating gluten free.

Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments: